Re: [Groff] Bug in -mdoc `Bl -column' or I'm not getting something.

From: Kristaps Dzonsons
Subject: Re: [Groff] Bug in -mdoc `Bl -column' or I'm not getting something.
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 20:52:04 +0200

> Shouldn't this really do
>
>  a ] ) ;     b ] ) ;     c]);
>
> since <TAB>-separated lines are supposed to behave like columnar real
> lines and only the closing terms are adjusted?

(Answering myself with more possibilities.)

Either that or

if we're to assume that `It' opens a macro context with macro behaviour
versus just sucking down the whitespace a la free-form text.  I suppose
this would be more consistent if the <TAB>-separated list is introduced
with a macro, such as

 .It Fl a ] ) ;<TAB>b ] ) ;<TAB>c ] ) ;

Right now, these produce the same results less the Fl effects.