Re: [Groff] arrowup

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] arrowup
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:34:00 +0100

On Friday 11 June 2010 13:34:36 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >> So either something has changed the numerical encoding of \[ua] in
> >> groff (but despite searching I have found no clue), or possibly the
> >> input characters "\[ua]" were mis-interpreted as "\[uA]".  Could
> >> this have something to do with locale?
> >
> > It doesn't seem to be as simple as them being the same letters with
> > only case distinguishing.  [...]
>
> I'll have a look.
>

>     Werner

I have 2 versions of 1.19.1 installed:-

/usr/share (Mandriva 2010.0 - includes japanese patch)
/usr/local/share (self compiled from source - includes Large File support so
it can handle files >2gb (this is what I use for live work)),

I ran local groff -Z to produce intermediate file. Then ran grops on this
file, the self compiled version produced correct output, the Mandriva version
didn't.

I then ran Mandriva version but with GROFF_FONT_PATH pointing at
/usr/local/share (and /usr/share/groff renamed for good measure!) and it still
produced wrong  output.

I think this indicates the problem exists in one of the patches to the grops
driver itself. There is a patch called 'groff-1.19.1-mb.patch' purporting to
add multi-byte support which seems to be the culprit!

I wouldn't bother spending too much time on it Werner as the problem seems to
be downstream of your code.

Cheers

Deri