Re: [Groff] gropdf and pdfroff

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] gropdf and pdfroff
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:42:01 +0100

Hi Peter,

> In other words, mom's already the "front door": a conceptually easy,
> flexible set of macros that's perfect for beginners, serves the needs
> of the more experienced, and leads naturally to greater exploration of
> groff itself.

It does sound mighty fine and I've not looked at it closely due to lack
of time and existing knowledge of other alternatives, not because of any
perceived inferiority, etc.

Do I recall correctly that it is only interested in PS/PDF output, and
not text, let alone HTML?  Is that an intrinsic aspect of its design or
just because you have had no need of other output formats?

Cheers, Ralph.