Re: [Groff] groff MM problem with AU/AT

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff MM problem with AU/AT
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 18:10:56 +0400

Ralph Corderoy:

> Is
> http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Wz1C5JhTzlYC&lpg=PR12&ots=e8Ftu5WzMi&dq=documenters%20workbench%20mm%20macros&pg=PA38#v=onepage&q=documenters%20workbench%20mm%20macros&f=false
> of any use?  Section 7 might be going through the macros you're
> discussing.  Obviously, not a spec. but a book in print.

This  was  what  I had consulted in the first place,
before concluding that  groff's  mm's  behaviour  is
non-standard.   Ken's  examples produced by the non-
GNU troff he's using do not correspond  to  the  de-
scription  in  the Workbench, according to which all
arguments specified in .AU should appear before  the
name  of  every  author, while groff's version of mm
outputs this data only  for  the  last  author,  and
Ken's  one  simply  omits them (department, initials
and location), so I still don't have  even  indirect
access to what may be called a reference implementa-
tion of mm.

I think I had downloaded a scan of the  Documenter's
Workbench  from  a  link posted on this very mailing
list some time ago.

Anton