Re: [Groff] Compiler error

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] Compiler error
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 01:11:42 +0100

On Tuesday 04 Sep 2012 07:32:48 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > The file you need to alter is font/devpdf/Foundry.in.  [...]
>
> Deri, as I told you earlier: We need a configure test for that so that
> people can specify a URW font directory.  If it isn't found, the
> `Foundry' script has to ignore URW fonts.
>

>     Werner

Hi Werner,

Back from holiday now.

I'm not sure if a configure test is the best way, it's difficult to test for a
negative, i.e. the URW fonts are not available on the system, but I agree the
foundry builder should not abort the compile if the fonts are not found, just
put up a warning if they can't be located, that the pdf driver will only work
with the 14 base postscript fonts, and you will not be able to generate pdfs
with fonts embedded.

It could also instruct the user where to add the path to where the URW fonts
are actually installed. Would this be Ok?

Cheers

Deri