Re: [Groff] A few mom incompetencies

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] A few mom incompetencies
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 23:57:13 +0400

mikkel meinike:

> See (on the attached image) there is a line at the
> top of the page. If I want it to go away how do  I
> do  it?  If I want it to stay how do I get text to
> land below the line instead of on top of it?

Hmmm.  It didn't make it to the list.  Large attach-
ments  seem  to be discarded.  Try posting a link to
that image, or attach a small PostScript/PDF...

> Finally, I have not figured out how to make  blank
> lines.  In  html I do that with the br tag :-) but
> putting in several .BR tag does'nt  seem  to  work
> here. So how to do that.

In plain groff it is done by the .sp request:

             http://tinyurl.com/avoa4r3

but  macro packages may provide their own macros for
vertical spacing.  mm, for example, has .SP...