Re: [Groff] multiple postscript images in one figure?

From: Anton Shterenlikht
Subject: Re: [Groff] multiple postscript images in one figure?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:59:31 GMT

        Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 13:56:54 +0100
        From: Tadziu Hoffmann <address@hidden>

        >       image1   image2    image3
        >        (a)       (b)       (c)
        >
        > Caption: a common caption for all (a), (b) and (c)

        Use mark and return.
        Here's how I would do it if the pictures all have the same size:

          .begin_float
          .mk
          .PSPIC -L pic_A width
          .rt
          .PSPIC -C pic_B width
          .rt
          .PSPIC -R pic_C width
          .caption
          caption text
          .end_float

        where begin_float, end_float, and caption are whatever macros
        your package provides for these purposes, and width is computed
        to allow three pictures side-by-side.
        If the images don't have the same size, use the indent option
        of PSPIC to place them so they don't overlap.

Cool, that's exactly what I was looking for.
Many thanks. I'll now refer to my "Unix Text
Processing" (1987) by Tim O'Reilly, D. Dougherty
for more details of these two commands.

Thanks again

Anton