Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL

From: Daode
Subject: Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:55:11 +0100

Tadziu Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
 |[snip]
 |> do i have to change my version check [...] to 1.20 for this to work?
 |
 |This has worked for ages already in Unix troff (because macros and
 |strings share the same namespace), and my guess is in groff as well.
 |It might just not have been documented.

It definitely wasn't, and i can't remember that there were any
examples that used this notation (though i haven't read the entire
manual from the first to the last page -- and most likely
i wouldn't have dared to use the notation regardless).
And i definitely didn't think about *roff implementation details
once i've wrote my letter macros; they work fine with GNU troff.

You seem to be right anyway; the nroff sitting in the Heirloom
project doctools can also handle the code snippet from my previous
mail correctly.

--steffen