Re: [Groff] PostScript rendering bug involving word with an umlaut

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] PostScript rendering bug involving word with an umlaut
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:21:07 +0200 (CEST)

> I have been using this patch (see
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-groff/2011-02/msg00005.html)
> since Werner sent it in Feb 2011, and it has fixed the problem and
> not caused any other issues.  I notice it's not included in 1.22.2.
> Is there still more work that needs to be done on it before it's
> considered production ready?  Or did it just get lost in the
> shuffle?

It sortof got lost; actually, it's still sitting in my e-mail queue...

I no longer have the energy (and the interest) to fully concentrate on
groff, mainly because other issues require my time.  As mentioned in
the old mail, however, some debugging would be necessary to find out
why the workaround is necessary at all.

Sorry for the bad news.  I wished there would be someone who wants to
actively contribute to the groff programs (and not only to the various
macro packages).