Re: [Groff] Groff to pdf/Windows

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff to pdf/Windows
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:08:10 +0000

On 06/03/14 16:21, Deri James wrote:
> If you are not using mom the actual command is:-
>
> groff -Tpdf -dPDF.EXPORT=1 -z $cmdstring 2>&1 \
>   | grep '^.ds' | groff -Tpdf - $preconv $cmdstring

So, you're assuming that just one preliminary pass is sufficient to
resolve the cross references?  That may not be so, and pdfroff is not so
naive; it performs at least two such passes, and then as many more as
may be necessary, until two consecutive passes generate identical
reference dictionaries, (or until it becomes clear that no ultimately
stable layout is achievable).

> Keith, is there any chance I could add something along these lines to
> pdfroff if the -T pdf switch is passed to pdfroff?

Sure.  You have the source, to modify as you see fit, (or, are you
asking me to help you with that?)

--
Regards,
Keith.