[Groff] Creating an index with mom

From: Blake McBride
Subject: [Groff] Creating an index with mom
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 06:02:52 -0500

Greetings,

I have been looking at the topic of creating a document index with mom.  It
seems there is no standard way.  I saw some older comments about the
difficulty of having tight control of an index's layout.  So I have one
statement, and one question.

I would absolutely prefer to have a one-size-fits-all index ability within
mom rather than no real ability at all.  Also, IMO, once a
one-size-fits-all index is added, I am sure format controls will
increasingly slip in and over time and ultimately lead to a very powerful
indexing ability.  We just need to start with a basic ability first.  IMO,
this would be a very powerful addition to mom's already existing TOC
ability.

Has anything been done along these lines?

Thank you!

Blake McBride