Re: [Groff] special characters in groff.7

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] special characters in groff.7
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 18:15:39 +0200 (CEST)

> The notes in `groff_char.7' are complete now, that makes this
> man-page into a useful information center.

Thanks.

> The man-page `groff.7' has a section about `special characters'.
> This section is not really useful.  It is far from being complete.
> I see the following kinds of improvement:

Well, it already says that it gives just a minor selection of the most
important ones.

> 1) Omit all examples there of the type `\(xy' and enlarge the reference to
> `groff_char.7', such that `groff_char.7' is enough for all characters
> using.
>
> 2) Enlarge the examples into something useful, such that `groff_char.7'
> is only necessary for special properties.

IMHO, groff_char.7 should document everything related to characters
(and glyph entities), but I don't see an urgent need to change groff.7
– there is already a link to groff_char.7, and this is sufficient.