Re: [Groff] Three topics related to images

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Three topics related to images
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:58:37 +0100

On 20/06/14 22:35, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
>>   - provides sensible float handling
>>   - can be captioned and labelled
>
> Wouldn't it be useful to split off that functionality into
> a separate float handler, to have available also for tables
> and pic diagrams, and provide a bare-bones PDF image includer
> à la PSPIC instead?

That's an opinion which I share.  When I wrote pdfmark.tmac, I tried --
successfully, I hope -- to keep it primary macro package agnostic.  I
mostly use it with ms, but there should be no reason why it cannot be
used, equally well, with mm, me, mom, or any other primary document
formatting macro package.

This, of course, is one of the foundational principles of good software
engineering -- the principle of reusable code.

--
Regards,
Keith.