Re: [Groff] [patch] unbreak make install

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] [patch] unbreak make install
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 07:11:18 +0200 (CEST)

> Don't we have a formal unit-test/review cycle around the commits we
> make into the code base?

Not really.  Given the small amount of committers, it wasn't
necessary.  Bernd is working on his sub-projects within the
repository, and this is just fine.  The same for Peter and Deri.  I
was handling the rest, fixing `global' glitches here and there.  Since
I'm no longer actively maintaining groff, the glitches become more
visible.  We need someone who is going to handle this...  Basically
for license issues, Ingo won't do that, which is a pity, but we have
to accept.

> Also do we have any test suites around major packages that can
> quickly sanitize our checkins?  Or an automated build and test
> system?

I fully agree that it would be extremely helpful to have both!  I
invite you to work on this – it would be a good start to get
acquainted with the overall structure of groff without getting `dirty
fingers' too early, so to say.