Re: [Groff] Are your gropdf and pdfmom man pages installed?

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Are your gropdf and pdfmom man pages installed?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 22:06:39 +0100

On 02/07/14 21:40, Dave Kemper wrote:
> On 7/2/14, Deri James wrote:
>> I know some distributions split groff into multiple packages, sometimes they
>> separate
>> out parts of groff which require perl into a separate package. Gropdf and
>> pdfmom
>> may be in another package.
>
> Gentoo offers no other groff packages than sys-apps/groff.  Installing
> sys-apps/groff-1.22.2 placed the gropdf and pdfmom executables in
> /usr/bin, but failed to put their man pages in /usr/share/man/man1.

I'm running LinuxMint Debian.  It splits groff into two packages:

  groff-base -- minimal install; sufficient to format manpages
  groff      -- everything else from a groff distribution

Currently installed version is 1.22.2; it has both manpages installed:

  $ man -w gropdf pdfmom
  /usr/share/man/man1/gropdf.1.gz
  /usr/share/man/man1/pdfmom.1.gz

So ... seems like Debian got it right; if Gentoo is missing these, then
it would seem to be a Gentoo bug.

--
Regards,
Keith.