Re: [Groff] UTF-8/Unicode Implementation, Paragraph-at-once Formatting a

From: Ali Gholami Rudi
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTF-8/Unicode Implementation, Paragraph-at-once Formatting and Right to Left Text
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 16:54:28 +0430

Hello,

Carsten Kunze <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Just wanted to bring this to the attention of the list.
> >
> > Neatroff - a C implementation of Troff.
> Not really new news:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2013-07/msg00001.html

I recently modified neatroff to support many of the advanced font
features present in OpenType fonts.  Neatmkfn (the program which
generates neatroff font descriptors, like Groff's afmtodit) can now
generate lines that define substitution and positioning rules, and
cursive attachments for OpenType fonts (lines starting with gsub,
gpos, and gcur respectively).  Note that unlike Heirloom troff, which
implements only pairwise kerning and single-character substitutions
insensitive of the context, neatroff implements many of the OpenType
substitution and positioning features.

        Ali