Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:13:44 +0100

On 18/09/14 16:32, Deri James wrote:
> I do have a perl program which extracts the relevent MediaBox ArtBox TrimBox
> BleedBox CropBox, it uses the same code as the gropdf driver uses to actually
> action the:-
>
> \X’pdf: pdfpic file alignment width height line-length’
>
> So it has a similar chance of working as the driver! I will send you a copy,
> see what you think.

Hmm.  Perl.  I've always shied away from it, particularly on MS-Windows.
 I know there are implementations available, but my experience of
attempting to deploy them has always been extremely unpleasant and
discouraging.

I'd much rather have seen an implementation of gropdf in C/C++; I'd even
be willing to attempt a translation, but I'd need guidance because my
knowledge of perl, as a language, is absolutely non-existent.

--
Regards,
Keith.