Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:36:13 +0200

Keith Marshall <address@hidden> wrote:
 |On 18/09/14 14:42, Peter Schaffter wrote:

 |> Are there any tools that can be used in place of pdfinfo that are
 |> Windows safe?
 |
 |None that I know of.  Even pstopdf isn't well supported ... because it's

ImageMagick should be available even there.
The problem with using it as the engine of the hypothetic
`.imgconv' is that it is so powerful, e.g. the below works

  $ echo dudu > dudu.txt && convert dudu.txt dudu.jpg

Therefore `.imgconv' has to have a source format argument that --
at least in safe mode -- can be compared against an allowed set of
image formats.

--steffen