Re: [Groff] conditionals inside a table?

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] conditionals inside a table?
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 09:31:00 -0500

 u  stands for "basic unit" ...

  From https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/manual/html_node/Measurements.html

        gtroff (like many other programs) requires numeric parameters to
        specify various measurements.  Most numeric parameters9 may have a
        measurement unit attached.  These units are specified as a single
        character that immediately follows the number or expression.  Each of
        these units are understood, by gtroff, to be a multiple of its basic
        unit.  So, whenever a different measurement unit is specified gtroff
        converts this into its basic units.  This basic unit, represented by a
        aCu', is a device dependent measurement, which is quite small, ranging
        from 1/75th to 1/72000th of an inch.  The values may be given as
        fractional numbers; however, fractional basic units are always rounded
        to integers.
                :
        ((the available units explained))

--