[Groff] Groff command-line argument strangeness

From: Koz Ross
Subject: [Groff] Groff command-line argument strangeness
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:28:47 +1300

I've just discovered groff, and am quite impressed! However, for some reason,
I'm having an odd issue. I have a folder called 'src' where I plan to store
chapters of my book, and I want to add it to the search path for stuff to
include into the final document. I give groff the following command to format:

groff -b -Ffont -Isrc -Mmacro -ms -U -wall -dpaper=a4 -Tpdf a-stranger-world.ms
> a-stranger-world.pdf

However, when I do this, groff gives the following warnings:

Unknown option: I
Unknown option: r
Unknown option: c

Have I done something wrong, and if so, what?
--
Koz Ross <address@hidden>
www.retro-freedom.nz