Re: [Groff] Groff command-line argument strangeness

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff command-line argument strangeness
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:25:06 +0000

On Mon 26 Oct 2015 05:31:28 Keith Marshall wrote:
> > However, when I do this, groff gives the following warnings:
> >

> > Unknown option: I
> > Unknown option: r
> > Unknown option: c
> >

> > Have I done something wrong, and if so, what?
>
> Reproduced here ... looks like another bug in -Tpdf.  It doesn't seem to
> be reproduced with (a simplified form of):

Keith is correct. Gropdf fails to handle the "-I switch", the reason is
because it is not expecting groff to pass the switch on to gropdf. It needs to
pass the switch to grops because it affects the searching for eps files, which
gropdf does not accept.

I will add code to ignore the switch in future, or use it to search for pdfs
which are to be imbedded. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

Deri