Re: [Groff] Does groff match my needs?

From: carsten . kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Does groff match my needs?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:58:55 +0100 (CET)

Consider that groff itself is somehow like plainTeX.  You may need a macro
package for creating documents.  But traditional macro packages do (AFAIK) not
provide TOC, index, cross references *compared to LaTeX*.  Up to now I did not
test the MOM macros (http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-01.html) but likely they
have this functionality.  But it is also not hard do write a script (I suggest
using perl) for that.

So either you use groff with MOM or you may need to write some simple
scripts... (TOC itself actually doesn't need a script, the ".tm" request is
sufficient).

OT question: What is your issue with LaTeX?

Carsten