Re: [Groff] Problem with MM spacing with macro immediately after a headi

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problem with MM spacing with macro immediately after a heading (H)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 10:33:17 -0500

Damian,

I find that
        \#      works well outside of tables.
        .\#     works well inside tables _AFTER_ the initial specification.

>From  man 7 groff  ...
       \#     Everything up to and including  the  next  newline  is  ignored.
              This  is  interpreted in copy mode.  This is like \" except that
              the terminating newline is ignored as well.

Witness ...

.H 1 "Here Is An Example"
\# Adding text here avoids the problem, but this is not always feasible.
.DS 0
This should be only one line under the heading.
This is not so unless you uncomment the '.rm' above.
.DE
What is the real fix please?
.TS
center;