[Groff] Depict symmetric difference in PIC

From: btober
Subject: [Groff] Depict symmetric difference in PIC
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 20:50:03 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to know if anyone can help me depict symmetric difference of sets
in PIC.

Searching the archives, I found some previous postings about basic Venn
diagrams,
and I have developed graphics for set union, intersection, and relative
complement, but I'm stuck on depicting the symmetric difference.

That is, given sets A, B, I want to depict the resulting set from

(A union B) - (A intersection B)

If A and B were depicted as overlapping circles, the symmetric difference would
be the two outer crescents.

Or alternatively, as

(A - B) union (B -A)

Here is (A - B)