Re: [Groff] mom and toggling pagination

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom and toggling pagination
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 09:20:19 -0500

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 12:10:37PM +0100, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
>       :
> It's true for *roff in general.  In classic [nt]roff a blank
> input line would always produce a blank line in the output.
> Usually, this is not really what you want.  If (like in TeX)
> you want blank lines in the input to stand for paragraph
> breaks, you might only want half a vertical line-space in
> the output as paragraph separation.  Or maybe none at all,
> and have paragraphs be indented instead.
>       :

        Long ago I developed the habit of putting lines consisting of only a  .
        wherever I wanted some white-space to help my understanding of
        the document
        .
        \#  for example
        content
        as opposed to the formated document
        appearance.
        .
        It sometimes makes editing the groff input much easier.

--
 Mike Bianchi
 Foveal Systems

 973 822-2085