[Groff] Unicode font

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: [Groff] Unicode font
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 17:59:26 +0100

Hello,

Sometimes I have to write small text passages in Romanien or Check and it
makes sense to use Unicode font  in these cases.

My question, what are the differences between the two directories
groff/1.22.3/font/devps
groff/1.22.3/font/devpdf

for me they look nearly the same, besides the devpdf directory has the U-*
entries.
For my knowledge PDF is based on PS. Why can the devpdf, and especially the
unicode U-* not be used for the standard groff device -Tps?

Heinz

--
Gutes Gelingen in 2017

mit freundlichen Grüßen