Re: [Groff] GNU troff (groff) help

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] GNU troff (groff) help
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:38:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Anindo!

> Can you please tell me the latest version of GNU troff (groff)

The latest published version is 1.22.3 (from Nov. 2014); see

  https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/

> and what is the EOL for this version, also can you please tell me
> the EOL of all the previous versions.

Here I simply quote what Erik Blake has written for M4, answering your
identical question on the M4 mailing list.

  The EOL of open source software is a tricky thing to predict – there
  is no fixed release schedule, and therefore, all the more we can
  promise is that a version is not EOL until the next version is
  released.