Re: [Groff] mom : unicode in .INCLUDE'd files

From: hohe72
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom : unicode in .INCLUDE'd files
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 08:38:05 +0200

For the protocol, write a macro:

.de SYS-include    \" .SYS-include  filename  extension
.ds SYS-filename \\$1
.sy preconv -e utf8 \\*[SYS-filename]  \
   | grap | pic | tbl | eqn -T\\*(.T > \\*[SYS-filename].intermediate
.so \\*[SYS-filename].intermediate
.sy rm \\*[SYS-filename].intermediate
..

Note that for instance, picture processing inside included files will
not be handled as well, because the .so request is processed by groff
(or troff), whereas the picture requests (.PS,.PE) are processed by
pic beforehand. So at the call to pic the file isn't included.

This is similar to a call to preconv.

Please note, that I don't know the various command lines that
(partially) work around that, nor the popular macros.

> example.mom:12: warning: can't find special character `u004F_0306'

If I guess right, this happens because the deployed font doesn't have a
glyph at the designated unicode location/ number.