Re: [groff] A few issues with mom's LIST macros

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] A few issues with mom's LIST macros
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:31:42 -0500

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017, Ulrich Lauther wrote:
> why do we have to use "ROMAN<n>" and not "ROMAN <n>", which would be easier
> to process?
> Historical reasons?

Yep. :)

Truth is, I wrote the macro so long ago that I can't recall what
advantage I saw in postfixing the digit.  As a user, do you see an
advantage to making the second form available, too?  If so, it's a
no-brainer to implement.  I can take care of it before pushing your
patch.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca