Re: [groff] groff as the basis for comprehensive documentation?

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] groff as the basis for comprehensive documentation?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 01:20:58 +1000

> *So you’re going to insert devtags to pass semantic info to the
> postprocessor?...Personally, I think you’re going to have better luck
> passing semantic hints through as you mentioned above.*

Sort of. Sticking to pre- and post-processors is really about separation of
concerns more than anything else. There're no assumptions about what macro
packages an author's using, which preprocessors they're using, or even what
fonts they use. As long as Kernighan's output language is what we're
dealing with... game on.

*Any chance you could use an MUA that has a consistent quoting style and
> ties In-Reply-To, References, and the bits being quoted together? Otherwise
> threading for those of us using it suffers.*

Shit, I'm so sorry. =( I'm writing from Gmail (in Chrome), and applying
formatting manually. This <https://i.imgur.com/OMjYcDl.png> is what I'm
looking at right now...

I keep forgetting how this must look to users of other mail clients... :(