Re: [groff] hyphenation issues

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [groff] hyphenation issues
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 19:23:16 -0400

At 2018-05-04T23:30:15+0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Going forward, should groff generate a warning if a document
> > contains an undefined value of .hy, so that this problem will not
> > recur with any future changes?
>
> This makes sense.  I currently can't remember whether other, similar
> flag registers exhibit similar behaviour.

I've attached a proposed patch.  I'm not completely thrilled with it
because some people might interpret it as suggesting that .hy 62 is
valid; it isn't, but not because it is too large.  Still, I would prefer
to tell people the limit being tested than to omit it.

Test case and test case output also attached.

Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Branden