Re: [groff] om.tmac: Is ".if r A .nr A \nA" meaningful

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] om.tmac: Is ".if r A .nr A \nA" meaningful
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 17:18:40 -0400

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018, Bjarni Ingi Gislason wrote:
>   In the file "contrib/mom/om.tmac" there are two lines of type
>
> .if r A .nr A \nA
>
> after ".MAC HDRFTR_RULE_GAP END"
>
> namely
>
> .       if r #FOOTER_RULE_GAP .nr #FOOTER_RULE_GAP \\n[#FOOTER_RULE_GAP]
>
>   and
>
> .       if r #HEADER_RULE_GAP .nr #HEADER_RULE_GAP \\n[#HEADER_RULE_GAP]
>
>   If these do have a meaning, then this must be documented or something
> is wrong.

The lines serve no purpose.  I can't remember, or even imagine, why
they're there.  I must have taken a hit of bad brown acid or
something. :)

Thanks for catching this.  I've got a few small changes I've been
meaning to commit, so I'll take care of removing them.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca