Re: [groff] Announcement and call for project submissions

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] Announcement and call for project submissions
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 13:33:08 +0000

Hi John,

> > It's not obvious to me what offense John gave.  Reading the thread,
> > there's a certain schoolmarmish officiousness in the reprimands.  He
> > caught it on the chin for "sigh", "groan", and "ridiculous".
>
> I was also *banned* immediately after the PR got closed...  Glad I'm
> not the only one who found their intolerance bewildering. :-\

I don't find it bewildering.  The summary above is incorrect.  The first
criticism seem accurate, and a polite request quoting two of your

    > Wonderful.
    > sigh

    @Alhadis Let's avoid the sarcastic tone, please.

You then point out some of the suggestions are `ridiculous'.  It's never
nice to feel ridiculed.  On its own, it could have been ignored but it
closely followed the previous polite complaint so garnered a

    You've been asked once already to watch your tone.  I'll remind you
    again now.

from someone else.  Again, this second person is polite.

You threaten to take your ball home:

    Whine about my tone again, and I'm pulling the trigger on this PR.

Childish and petty IMO, and a threat.  They closed the PR.  I would of
too.

I've pointed all this out because you'll encounter it again unless you
think https://www.xaprb.com/blog/you-might-be-right/

--
Cheers, Ralph.