Re: [groff] modernize -T ascii rendering of opening single quote

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] modernize -T ascii rendering of opening single quote
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 10:43:50 +0000

Hi Branden,

> Doug wrote:
> > A diagnostic from gcc chimes in:
> > 'mktemp' is deprecated: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous; use `mkstemp'
> https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Quote-Characters

My impression was Doug was passing on a warning about the continued used
of mktemp(3) rather than the continued use of ASCII.

Given -Wall -Wextra still doesn't enable all warnings, I expect there's
a bunch of complaints that could be addressed by explicitly choosing
really-extra ones with recent compiler versions, e.g. gcc 8.2.1, and
clang 7.0.1.

--
Cheers, Ralph.