Re: [groff] Loss of MSVC support

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Loss of MSVC support
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:18:15 +1100

> I run groff on windows a lot, but via cygwin, which I
> believe means that mainline POSIX stuff works. I am
> inclined to think that if you like the groff toolset,
> you are likely to want other Unix capability, too,
> and thus gravitate towards facilities like cygwin.

I admit I don't have much to contribute to this discussion, but I haven't
seen GOW mentioned yet, so I figure I'd bring it up for those who'd be
interested:

https://github.com/bmatzelle/gow

GOW stands for "GNU on Windows"; it's a lightweight alternative to Cygwin.
Makes developing on Windows so much more bearable...