grub-devel

Re: normal mode chainloader

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: normal mode chainloader
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:33:22 +0200

> Why is the dependency of the on boot.mod required?

Because users will be confused if they can do some loader cmd and can't
boot cmd. No other reason.

> > P.P.S. I saw somewhere (in archive) that I should probably subscribe
> >     something for FSF. ...
>
> That is right.  We need copyright assignments for GRUB.  It is
> required so the FSF can defend copyright violations and prevent other
> legal problems (remember SCO? ;)).

O.k. how?

> Can you please read the GCS?  I don' like commenting much on a patch
> that looks quite good. ;)

I have read it, but I'm used on another coding style, which we used for
our school project. (There are some things in GCS which we disagree.)
I will write better code after about 500 lines with GCS.

> grub_chainloader_cmd (args[0], flags);

Oh, sorry. That is the higlighting of operators. It seems readable

> Please don't use such long lines.  Many people use 80 character wide
> terminals.

I know, I'm used on automatic wrapping, but it works not in c source.
(I must create syntax higlighing which will show 78. char as error.)

--
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 http://get.to/ebik