Re: bugfix, hostfs

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: bugfix, hostfs
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:37:37 +0200

> >> This requires some changes in the cache manager, but not difficult. What
> >> do you think?
> >
> > Hmm, leaving this change for anybody who understand disks in grub.
> > Instead of it I use disk->name :-) .
> Better use an int.  It is easier/cheaper to check and IMHO cleaner.

Hmm, I check it via macro GRUB_FAKEDISK_IS_HOST(disk), and I want to
know it is 'host' fakedisk, because then it is not problem to add other
fakedisks. The best way is probably Okuji's proposal, but I want it as
single patch. (I'll probably do it next week.)

As worse problem I see utf8 from grub side and 8-bit encoding from libc side
(pathnames). This can be solved with some translation, but I'm not
decided how to tell grub the encoding.
One way is to have entry style:
host    iso8859-2
This will also specify that 'host' device will be accessible only if
defined in

> > +      case ENOMEM: r = GRUB_ERR_OUT_OF_MEMORY; break;
> > +      case ENOTDIR:
> > +      case ENOENT: r = GRUB_ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND; break;
> > +      case ELOOP: r = GRUB_ERR_SYMLINK_LOOP; break;
> > +      case EIO: r = GRUB_ERR_FILE_READ_ERROR; break;
> > +      default: r = GRUB_ERR_BAD_ARGUMENT; break;
> I think I missed this last time.  Better use multiple lines for a case
> statement.

Thanks. That is relict from '"nice" coding standard' which we used for our
school project. ("nice" coding standard says: do it the "nicer" way.). I
will fix all GCS errors that you found.

Btw.: does anybody here use vim? Is there GCS-syntax file for vim?
                                 Tomas 'ebi' Ebenlendr
                                 PF 2004.61865285367