grub-devel

Re: Pre-alpha scripting engine

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Pre-alpha scripting engine
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:55:50 +0000

Serbinenko Vladimir <address@hidden> writes:

> Script syntax description:
> I took PHP-syntax as a base

Personally I would prefer something like a bash like syntax, but ok...

Assuming you want this to applied to CVS, Okuji has to agree with this
first.  Okuji, what is your opinion on this?

Can you please explain how the parser itself works?  What kind of
parser is it, something about the scanner perhaps, etc?

> For now all script files must be made of functions and nothing except
> functions. All other will be ignored. Function must be declared as:
> function [global] <function
> name>([$arg1[=defval1]][,$arg2[=defval2]][,...]){
>     <function body here>
> }

How about grub.cfg?  It would be nice if it would be possible to embed
code there.

> Notes:
[...]
> Spaces in (type) are not supported,