grub-devel

memory probing

From: alfred hitch
Subject: memory probing
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:08:54 -0400

Hi All,

I am trying to understand working of bootloaders and have a question
(which might be very elementary perhaps).

I wanted to understand how does bootloaders probe memory installed on
system and thus pass the correct mem option across to linux kernel
say.

Can someone please explain if this is dependant on bios necessarilly,
as I am looking for doing something similar on ixdp425 plattform.

Can u please point me to some relavant doc / code ..

Cheers,
Alfred