grub-devel

RE: release planning

From: Gregg C Levine
Subject: RE: release planning
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:30:24 -0400

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Would anyone mind if I comment? Good.
How do I go about downloading the code that makes up GRUB2? To my mind
it's not at all very clear. I can, convince the CVS stores for GRUB
Legacy to download to my Linux box without fail, and have done so on
many occasions, but for GRUB2, I'm confused.

I confess that I found the web pages to be rather confusing at first
glance.
-----
Gregg C Levine address@hidden
---
"Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

[mailto:grub-
> address@hidden On Behalf Of
Marco
> Gerards
> Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:24 PM
> To: The development of GRUB 2
> Subject: Re: release planning
>
> "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Okuji,
>
> > If there is no objection, I'd like to release the first version of
GRUB 2 for
> > developers at the beginning of August, whatever status it is in.
At the
> > moment, I'm devoting myself into bugfixes and incorporation of
workarounds
> > from GRUB Legacy. I'm also going to implement a simple installer
for
> > GNU/Linux within this month.
>
> It's very nice that you are working this hard now.  It is really
nice
> to see someone is working on the PC specific code again.  I am
looking
> forwards to the release.  It would be nice if we could get a
> kerneltrap article, it could attract more developers. :)
>
> > After that, I'd like to keep releasing new versions constantly.
Hopefully, one