grub-devel

thank you

From: Ruslan Nikolaev
Subject: thank you
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

Thank you. Yes I know that LMA and VMA can be specified differently. The main reason I asked about it is using "-mcmodel=kernel" memory model. But it seems to be not a problem. I'll try to do with different LMA and VMA.

Thank you for your answers.

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday 21 August 2005 01:25, Ruslan Nikolaev wrote:
> I think it's just because we need to use special memory model
> "-mcmodel=kernel" that's designed especially for kernel. Does we have
> problems when LMA != VMA and using this memory model? I can't find such
> information...

You have already gotten the answer by yourself. You should specify a different
address for LMA. This is called "physical address" in ELF.

Okuji