Re: [GRUB1] Accessibility: Add beep support

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: [GRUB1] Accessibility: Add beep support
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:02:09 +0100

> Hi,
> I know that no new feature are added to grub1, but this really small
> feature (it can be just implemented as "echo ^G") would be _much_ useful
> for blind people. Please see details on
> I proposed a patch adding an "echo" command:
> 77
> Could this be commited?
> Regards,
> Samuel

Hi Samuel, if you happen to build a grub cdrom with this feature in it
please send it to me or tell me an url to it.

I think that the beep thing should be easily OFF or ON.
Why don't you make a beep ON OFF command.

My idea for GSD would be default entry (in 5 seconds) activates beep and
not default entry do not activates it. (Useful in Offices where there are a
lot of people)

Then I could assign each GSD option a sound or something. Well, I'm not
quite sure. Do you think GSD is useful for a blind person?

GSD is found at