grub-devel

Re: Include

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Include
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:02:09 +0200

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> So I'd like to make variables more similar to BASH's semantics; by default,
> all variables should be local, and become global only when the user executes
> "export". Then, a reference of a variable means that GRUB first search the
> variable in the current context, then in the global context. This looks
> cleaner than the current implementation.

Well, I can do that.  It will force some changes to be made in the
kernel (kern/env.c).

I will implement it as follows:

- configfile will execute a script and create a new
  context.
- source/. will execute a script in the current context.

I wonder if we want to have local variables for functions.  With
`local' you can create these in bash.  It will be possible to have
this in GRUB, but will make the implementation bigger and add some
exceptions.

--
Marco