grub-devel

Re: RE : grub-emu state of the art

From: Tomáš Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: RE : grub-emu state of the art
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:23:53 +0200 (CEST)

> - let gdb know about dynamically loaded modules ;-), but I guess it
> won't be the easy part.

That depends how modules are loaded in grub-emu. With standard libdl it
couldn't be problem.

But I remember a situation when we run gdb on UML(user mode linux) kernel.
When we loaded a kernel module there (using kernel dynamic loader), gdb
was able to print adress where it is loaded, and also it was able to load
symbol table with given memory offset. But we had to read the address
by our eyes and type the offset (exactly same number) to gdb by hand.
Later we used expect script to do this.

--
                                            Tomas 'Ebi' Ebenlendr
                                            http://get.to/ebik