grub-devel

Re: Finding the list of NIC names

From: Gerardo Richarte
Subject: Re: Finding the list of NIC names
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:48:37 -0300

Marco Gerards wrote:
> Ted Dennison <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I tried looking through the sources too, but couldn't find anything
>> enlightening. What am I missing?
>>

> GRUB 2 does not have networking support yet.  Better use GRUB Legacy.

    To check if your card is supported in GRUB Legacy, check
grub-0.97/netboot (for example). There in the file config.c you'll find
lots of strings describing the different supported netcards. However,
your e1000 is not supported (although e100 is... are they compatible? I
don't think so. If they are you'll need to hack the PCI identification
values).

    gera