grub-devel

RE: Fancy menu requirements

From: Ernest Sales
Subject: RE: Fancy menu requirements
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:51:14 +0100

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:16:25 -0500, "Jason Morganson" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Because of how important this feature will be to GRUB I wanted to put this
up where everyone can change and comment on it.

Do you really think a boot manager needs graphics and soft fonts?

I find text menus smart enough for this, the beauty of simplicity if you
like.

On the other hand, what I would ask for is self-containment (code in first
disc sector, or else in its own partition) and autodetect-and-config as a
start point to further customization. I took a glance at GRUB's site, I am
loosely following this list for a while, and can't yet figure if GRUB
supports these features.

Maybe we can't see the forest for the trees?

Regards,
Ernest