grub-devel

Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:49:31 +0100

At Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:07:16 +0100,
Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:44:21AM +0100, Johan Rydberg wrote:
> > "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:
> > > As you may know, Google Summer of Code 2007 is about starting:
> >
> > Are we suggesting any tasks that could be done by the student(s)?
>
> That's how it is supposed to work, yes.  The mentoring organization (GNU)
> will publish a list of tasks it has mentors for.  From that list the
> students then can select.  This list of tasks is made up from the input
> that the individual GNU (sub)projects provide.  And their maintainers, in
> turn, can get ideas for tasks either from having them already in their
> minds or from students that say: ``Hey, if you put up such a task, then
> I'm going to apply for it.''
>
> So, if you have ideas for tasks and could imagine mentoring them, then
> speak up.

I think most tasks of http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-soc.html
still need to be done, so we could use that list to start from.

I won't be participating in SoC this year because my boss has enough
work for me during the summer, but I'm afraid that I won't have time
to mentor either. So I would prefer if somebody else who is more sure
about his available time is going to be the mentor. I could be the
backup mentor however.

Jeroen Dekkers