grub-devel

Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:36:11 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Anyway, our list just shows examples. Students are free to propose new ideas.
> In addition, we can obtain only one student from the past experience. If we
> are unlucky, we can get zero. So I think it is better not to bloat the list
> too much, but rather expect that students would think of something
> interesting themselves.

Last year it looked like the number of projects assigned and the number of
mentors a project had, had a certain relation.  Of course, because
GRUB is a part of the GNU project, this relation might not be true for
GRUB.  And this is mainly based on rumors from last year...  Perhaps
people can confirm this?

--
Marco