grub-devel

Re: Two SoC ideas

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Two SoC ideas
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:41:30 +0200

"Wei Shen" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> A beginer is always afraid of possible coldness, afraid of troubling others,
> and fears his opinions are too naive.

Don't worry about that.  People don't always have the time when
replying to an email on the mailinglist or so.  It's normal and don't
worry about that.

The best thing to learn is by doing something stupid.  Just come with
a stupid idea, ugly code, etc.  People will tell you what's wrong with
it.  Don't be afraid for things like this, you will learn from this.

> He needs courage to propose own ideas. SoC gives an opportunity and more
> importantly an excuse, and so he tells himself: I have reasons to
> "disturb" my mentor and the community, because he is my mentor and they
> decided to accept my project (though, we all know the holding organization
> and mentors get no personal benefits).
>
> I believe there will still be  many students to apply for SoC, even if
> Google does not offer their maney.
>
> Of course, Google has its own commercial interests. But, it is not of my
> care.

In that case there is no single reason not to contribute.  :-)

--
Marco