grub-devel

Re: status update for grub 2 developments?

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: status update for grub 2 developments?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:34:33 +0200

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 03:47:23PM +0300, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

> Anyway. First of all I would like to hear if you are developing
> something above or something else, reply this e-mail and tell us about
> it, there is no reason that work should be duplicated. Especially if you
> are already developing a feature your words would be good to be heard.
> If you are just reporting back list of stuff you are working on, please
> keep list as simple and clean as we want only big picture :). You could
> also describe how are you progressing with the feature.

This site summarises what my GRUB 2 agenda is:

  http://wiki.debian.org/GrubTransition

Things I plan to work on in the near future (days/weeks):

  - Fix OF support (I'm told there was a regression recently).
  - A gettext module (this will wait untill gettext support for util/ is
  implemented, which Jordi Mallach said he would).

Other, more mid-term stuff I might try (weeks/months):

  - Finish EFI grub-install, integration with debian-installer.
  - Commands "splash" and "color".

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.